Total Pageviews

Monday, May 21, 2012

Mother's Day

Birthday and Mother's Day Cards

Mother's Day was great.  This is the ninth Mother's Day that I've celebrated as a mommy.  I woke up to flowers, cards, gifts, and a Sonic breakfast.  The flowers were my favorite, tulips, which is perfect because they are always blooming around this time of year.  Arden was so stinkin cute because she kept telling me Happy Mother's Day over and over.  Each time she said it she gave me a hug with her eyes shut tight like she was just cherishing the moment.  It was hilarious.  Every year I always get a card from Brian and one from the kids.  Halle usually picks out the card and then it's signed by the kids.  Arden signed her name with the help of Brian.  I love that Jack's name was on the card this year. 

As my gift Brian got me a gift card to Massage Envy.  I looooove massages.  He even booked it for me.  It was so relaxing; definitely one of the best that I've had.  Halle made me a book of coupons that I could redeem such as "Breakfast in Bed".  I always enjoy when she makes these coupons for me.  I take full advantage of them! The first coupon that I used was a back massage (like I said, I love massages.)  She is an excellent masseuse.  I didn't want to make her work too hard, so she only did it for 10 minutes.  Arden tried to help as well.  It's good that she's learning early! 
Halle giving me my massage.  Arden was the photographer which is why it's blurry.  :)

My Coupon Book.  Why yes, yes, I am #1 Mom, ha!

Halle also tried to do the dishes for me.  This is a routine chore for her, so she knows how to load the dishwasher and start it.  I guess she had a brain fart that day because she used the hand dishwashing liquid rather than the detergent made for the dishwasher.  FYI, in case you didn't know, you can't do that.  Soap suds soon started pouring out of the dishwasher!
Soap Suds
Unfortunately, Halle already cleaned up most of it before I could snap a shot of how extensive it was
Arden playing in the suds
  We finished off the evening with Brian making yummy guacamole, pico, and grilling fajitas.  Jessica and John, our neighbors, came over also.  It was an excellent Mother's Day.  I love my hubby and kiddos.  They know just how to spoil Mom!

No comments :

Post a Comment