Total Pageviews

Friday, November 3, 2017

April 2017

I've been getting lots of flak from my family for not blogging the last six months.  I'm sorry!!!  Ok, I will try to catch up. Now is a good time because my house is a disaster and I don't feel like cleaning it.  So I will blog instead.

We'll start with April because I think that is where I last left off.

April 1st we kicked off the swim season with a crawfish boil for the Londonderry Lightning Bolts.
Papa Mike, Gigi, and Tia Pauline all came to help support the Bolts.

Swim season is all-consuming for April, May, and June.  I'll do another post for the swim season highlights.

Jack learned to ride his bike without training wheels!  At first he was not happy that his daddy got rid of his tricycle and throwing away his training wheels.  After a few meltdowns though, he got the hang of it and now loves riding his bike.  (unfortunately I only have video of the first time, no still pictures :(

Arden had her 8th Birthday!  She decided on a skating party.  It was loud and crazy, which fits Arden Rose perfectly.










Arden had a few friends and her twin cousins sleep over after the skating party.  We piled them into Brian's truck the next day and took them to the annual neighborhood Easter celebration.  They had a petting zoo and the kids hunted for eggs.

the kids thought they were hot stuff riding in the back of Brian's truck.



she loved this little pig



April also called for time out in the country.  We went to Nik and Crystal's place for Gracie's birthday party, and also "hung" out with my dad.




Easter fell in the middle of April this year.  I think I had to work that day, so we went to church and then headed for a quick brunch before I went in.
  

Our family does hospitality every third Sunday of the month at church.  That means we greet members and guests at the front doors, hand out bulletins, etc.  This is my crew at the front waiting to welcome all the Easter attendees.





the Easter cake I made, inspired by Arden's dress.
A random pic I found on my phone.  When you're too short to stand in front of the fridge.

These pictures are from Serve Saturday.  Every year our church takes on several community projects.  We were deployed to a local elementary school to redo their garden.  The kids helped pick weeds and plant new plants.  It was a lot of hard work and it was hot! 


Jack got the game ball for a great hit.

Jack discovered that he loves Jack Links (gross).  Brian tried them and they were nasty, tasted like fake beef jerky.  Jack's like, "I want some!"  Brian said, "Go for it, it's got your name written all over it!"

No comments :

Post a Comment