Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 11, 2018

Embarrassed Arden

So 8 year old Arden is getting to the age where she cares about what others think.  So cute to watch her get embarrassed because she's never cared about anyone's opinion before.  Don't get me wrong, she still marches to the beat of her own drum, which I love.

Ex 1:  We had plumbers come over one day because my bathroom fixtures needed to be changed.  Arden told me she was so embarrassed because our house was a "disaster" and the plumbers would see how dirty it was. In reality, it was picked up, but not spotless.  But, it wasn't a disaster.  I guess I've trained my kids to make sure the house is beautiful before any guests arrive, so she felt like it was subpar.  :)

Ex 2:  So Arden loves butter.  So much so, that she took a BITE out of a stick of butter.  Halle was about to bake, and found stick the of butter with teeth marks.  Halle and I were both making fun of Arden about it.  I took a picture of it and posted to Instagram because I thought it was funny.  Well.... Arden was not having any of that!  She demanded that I remove the picture because it was embarrassing.  I told her that only my mom friends would see it, but she was afraid that the moms would tell their kids.  LOL.  I ended up removing the picture.

Ex 3:  Thanksgiving came around and we were hanging out at Papa Mike and Gigi's.  Kellie's boyfriend, Colton, was also there.  After we left Arden told me she felt so awkward and embarrassed.  The reason she felt awkward was because she was giving everyone hugs goodbye and came around to Colton.  She didn't know whether to hug him or not, because she didn't know him, but didn't want to be rude.

Hmmmm, I wonder if she'll be embarrassed by this post....

No comments :

Post a Comment