Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 20, 2012

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year


This year was a pleasant surprise. My girls decorated the Christmas tree all by themselves, and they did an outstanding job!  The ornaments were spread out evenly and, and none were dropped or broken!  The only thing I did was put the angel on top. Our tree is artificial, because frankly, I like fake trees. We have ornaments dated back to when Brian and I were kids, along with many handmade ones, some pretty ornaments, and a whole lot of ugly ornaments.  Ha!!
 
My favorite part of the evening was when Halle said, "Mommy, I'm glad that we don't have one of those trees that just has fancy ornaments on it. I'm so glad we have a tree that has all of these kind of ornaments on it because it makes it feel like a real family."  I was so encouraged because every year I always feel a bit embarrassed that our tree is not pretty, or donned out in expensive ornaments.  I'm so glad that my daughter appreciates the sentiment our tree holds. 
 
Arden came in with my second favorite part, "Ohhhhhhh! The tree! I love it! It's beautiful!" Her face and excitement was priceless.  
 
 

We've had a busy December.  Here's a highlight reel of this wonderful season....

Arden as Mary at church.  We are trying to teach her that Christmas celebrates Jesus' birthday.  She likes to sing Happy Birthday to Jesus.
enjoying a hay ride and singing christmas carols
Jack's stocking was added this year.

I love this hat!


Halle's Christmas Choir Program.  Daddy gave her flowers after.

 
Arden found Santa slippers in the Christmas box and had to pose with them.  "Take a picture of me mommy!" Where does this sassiness come from???
I started a new tradition this year with the girls.  The brown basket right next to Arden has 24 wrapped books.  Each night since Dec. 1st  the girls have unwrapped a book for me to read to them.  They have loved doing this, and don't let me forget story time.  All of the books are ones they already had, but most of them are Christmas related.  The girls like the surprise factor because they don't know what book they will get that night. 
A not-so-good Santa picture.  Santa is skinny, the backdrop is funky, and the kids don't match.  And Halle's shorts are representative of this muggy weather we've been having.  I think because of all of the quirkiness it's my favorite Santa picture so far.

Our Christmas card, sort of...  I had to redesign it to be printer-friendly.
I attend a bible study on Thursdays, and the preschoolers did a Christmas program for us this last week.

This was Brian's Rudolph as a kid

Arden's dance class did a small recital for the parents.  She was so excited that she got to wear lipstick and blush.  She stared at herself in the mirror and made kissy faces after I put it on her.

Arden and Myleigh in class

Alicia had a Christmas party for the little ones, and a cookie exchange for the moms.  The kids got to decorate sugar cookies, and do a few activities.  We moms exchanged oreo truffles, chocolate drop cookies, butterfinger cookies, etc.  I came home with at least four dozen cookies.  They were ALL gone by the time I woke up the next morning.  Sweets DO NOT last in the Hargrave house.  Period. 

Jack and his girlfriend, Kinley, sat on the floor and conversed at the Christmas party.  They were baby talking to each other.  So adorable!!
Jack is such a gentleman.  He's sharing his tray and his sugar cookie.
 Hope your Christmas season has been as merry as ours!!!!

2 comments :

  1. I love your stocking names! And I love how fast the cookies go in your house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kinley and Jack together is SO cute! love , Jadyn not Alicia

    ReplyDelete