Total Pageviews

Friday, December 14, 2012

Pinstrosity

*************UPDATE*************
Here is the updated recipe holder.  Much better.....  :)



*****************************************************************************



pin·stros·i·ty \pin-ˈsträ-sə-tē\: a pin of great and often frightening size, force, or complexity.

I follow a blog called Pinstrosity.  The blog writers receive emails from readers about failed Pinterest attempts, and it is hilarious.  Well today I am showcasing one of my very own "pinstrosities!"  Typically my DIY projects come out decent, but this one was an epic failure. 

Here is the original pin.

Cookie sheet-turned magnet board for holding recipes you're using. LOVE this idea!!!!
Cookie sheet-turned magnet board for holding recipes.
All you do is take an old cookie sheet, paint it, and decorate it with craft paper.  Add a few magnets, a stand, and voila, a recipe holder while you're cooking.  Easy enough, right?  Easy enough if you're not me.  I used a silver platter instead that I thought would be cute.  I decided to do another color other than black, and used scrapbook paper from Halle's craftbox.  I was too lazy to go to Michael's or Hobby Lobby to get the supplies that I really needed.  The scrapbook paper didnt match very well with the hideous burnt orange paint I used, so I tried to make it looked "distressed" instead.  I then tried to cover up the horribleness with some writing, only to have it look like Arden's artwork.  Oh, and let's not forget the small magnet I painted to match.  Here is my pinstrosity....
 
 
Ha!!!!  In my head it was super cute.  When Crystal saw it, she said, "Awww, so sweet, Halle made a craft."  Nope, Halle would have done much better, lol.  I plan on repainting it black and trying again on the decorating.  I will update with my finished product.  Anything is better than this!

 
 
On the plus side, I do have a few DIY "pin-wins" to redeem myself. 
a growth chart I made out of a piece of wood and help from Alicia's cricut cutter
Arden's jeans still fit in the waist, but has outgrown the length of ALL of her jeans, so I added ruffles to the ends.  I think they came out adorable.
 

2 comments :

  1. Your recipe holder is hysterical!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is hilarious!! It's so funny how often things look so good in my head! Arden's pants are a great idea!

    ReplyDelete