Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Bad Boy

This kid.  Seriously.  Is a handful.

Ever since he started walking it has been bad-news-bears for us.  He is extremely busy and curious.  He rarely plays with the toys that he has (unless they're cars.)  He is extremely grabby and will do whatever he can to get to what he wants.  He also imitates anything that you're doing.  So if you are unloading the dishes you can guarantee he'll be opening the dishwasher to take out a cup.  If you're writing then he'll find a marker and draw on himself.  The list goes on.  He loves to throw things away which is how many things come up missing.  If not the trashcan then he'll throw it in the sink.  Or toilet.  Speaking of which, I've caught him splashing in the toilet.

The thing is that he's SO FAST!  He responds to no, but before you can turn around he's into something completely different.  It's not that I'm neglecting to watch him either.  He'll be right next to me while I'm blowdrying my hair; I'll look down and see that he's dumping out the trash next to my vanity.  I'll  be helping Halle with schoolwork and he's pulled every book off of her book shelf.  I go to put something in the oven and he's throwing all of the dog food into the dog's water.  And "childproofing" doesn't work in our house.  He figures out how to get into it.

In fact during the short duration of this post (about five minutes) he has opened the silverware drawer three times (his new thing is to put dirty silverware back into the drawer), open and shut the door twice, found a marker, walked around the house about ten times, flicked the switch on the lamp six times, and has now found a Wii toy to play with.  Oh nevermind, it's back to the light switch again.  He doesn't stop!

These are his favorite toys:
*Water bottles (he screws and unscrews the top for hours)
*Broom or mop and bucket.  You'd think my floors would be cleaner with as much as he "sweeps"
*Any kind of buckle
*Anything that rolls.  On our back patio he pushes our rolling cooler around.  and around.  Inside he pushes around his shopping cart.
*Tupperware.  He always has my bowls out banging them together or stacking them.
*Spoons.  He pulls them out of the drawer and walks around with them.
*Toothbrush.  He walks around with the toothbrush in one hand and toothpaste in another.  I've caught him rinsing out his toothbrush in the dog's water

So the best way I can keep him contained is OUTSIDE!  There's not much he can get into except dirt. Which he does really well.  He eats it, too.  Literally.  I saw him spooning it into his mouth the other day.  I rarely put clothes on him since he gets so dirty.  My next door neighbor called him Pig Pen.  That fits him perfectly.

It's just a phase, right???  :)
found a Sharpie.  He also wrote on my cabinet

getting into the silverware drawer

pulled all of the wipies out

got into the baby lotion and it's all in his hair.  He also has some artwork.

had fun with the baby powder

1 comment :

  1. Oh my word, I don't miss those days! I told James the other day that I really want another baby, but I don't want a toddler ever again, so he's gotta figure out a way to solve that for me.

    ReplyDelete