Total Pageviews

Friday, March 14, 2014

We got a mini van!

Soooo after years and years of saying that I would never drive a mini van I'm eating my words.  We bought a Volkswagon Routan and LOVE it!  My kids tell me everyday how great our van is.  So spacious, all kinds of kid-inspired engineering and ergonomics.  I'm just kicking
myself for not getting one sooner.  It's got so many neat features!  Halle is no longer squished in between two car seats.  There is tons of room and storage.  The kids favorites are the triple DVD players; the girls can each watch their own movie (which worked great for our 15 hour trip to New Mexico.)They also love how the automatic sliding doors and back hatch open and close.  Halle likes that you can turn the third row to rear-facing for tailgating.  Brian's favorite features are the fold down seats and Bluetooth radio. My favorite: the gas mileage!  Oh and the cup holders!  There are thirteen cup holders in the car, eight of which are right up front.  We've never had enough cup holders before.  And not just the dinky fold-down cup-holders, either! I also love the triple climate control.  And the back-up camera.  Oh, and that Arden and Jack are now sitting in separate rows so they can't fight!  (that's a big bonus for this family wagon.)
The only drawback:  the backseat is so far from the driver seat that Arden and I can't hear each other. We have to shout and you know I'm hard of hearing anyway.  Halle is our liaison.  It should have come with an intercom system.  :)

Thanks, Jess, for sharing this video with me when I first mentioned the mini-van possibility.  Swagger Wagon- http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ql-N3F1FhW4

No comments :

Post a Comment