Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

I'm sorry, my brain told me to do it.

Arden's recent excuse for everything....

The good thing is (at this point in time, anyway) Arden is scared to lie.  Instead of lying, she usually confesses to a misdeed before I find out on my own.  She has learned that her guilty plea usually leads to a lesser punishment, rather than lying about it and getting a more severe punishment.

"Mommy, I'm sooo sorry."
"Why?"
"I scratched the chair with my fingernail.  My brain told me to do it," she says in the most pitiful tone she can muster.


"Have you clipped down at school?" (clip-down is something that happens when a student makes a poor choice or has poor behavior.)
"No, I haven't.  I've only clipped up!" she exclaims with pride.  Then her tone changes as she suddenly remembers something.  "I did color on my desk, though," she says in a hushed voice, full of guilt.  "I can't help it!  My brain told me to do it!!!"
"Arden, that's not an excuse.  Your brain is going to get you into a lot of trouble."

No comments :

Post a Comment