Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Colorado Trip- Part 1

We arrived at Sarah and Adam's new house on a Sunday.  We spent the afternoon ooh-ing and ah-ing at the beautiful scenery and their new home.  They have a basement which is very unusual for us Houstonians.  It's like a whole 'nother house under the house.  Amazing!  

Then we started unloading the moving truck.  We four adults unloaded everything.  The trailer and truck were packed full!   Adam used to work for a moving company, so he knew how to work every square inch of space out of the truck.

The change in altitude really affected me.  I felt like I was dying!  Going up and down the stairs with boxes was HARD.  Every few seconds I would get winded.  It was a workout for sure!  I felt liek such a wimp because I would have to sit down every few minutes from being light-headed.  Adam acquired about a million and one moving blankets for all of the big furniture.  Each blanket was tossed into an ever-growing pile which became the playground for the kids.  They played hide-and-seek and jumped into them repeatedly.



S and A had a good time labeling the boxes.  I don't remember them all, but they made me chuckle as I was carrying them.  It was good comedic relief as we were unloading.
this one, for instance, was labeled heavy.  It was about a pound, filled with plastic cups.

The last box.  Hee hee!

the kids also kept themselves entertained by playing outside in the beautiful.   Here Jack is jumping from the steps and Arden is catching him.  

If you know Sarah then you know she LOVES shoes!  I thought I snapped a picture, but I didn't.  She had like ten boxes of shoes!  Each box was categorized and labeled, too!  For example, "Closed-toed flats" or something along those lines.  Lol!  I wish I wore her shoe size so I could share!

No comments :

Post a Comment