Total Pageviews

Monday, July 20, 2015

More Arden-isms

Like most kids, Arden mispronounces words.  Many of her words, though, make more sense than the real ones.

Unicorn- "Unihorn"
Skunk- "Stunk"
Stomach ache or Tummy ache- "Stummy ache"
Pike's Peak (the mountain in Colorado we traveled to the top of) - "Hike's peak"

And as you can tell from the following, she's got a mind of her own.  Sometimes (more times than not) it gets her into trouble.


"Daddy just gets in the pool to relax.  A pool is to swim in.  He can relax in bed."

Very distressed: "I don't like playing with Monster High dolls.  They make me act sassy, and I just can't help it when I start acting sassy!"

"I decided I don't need a husband when I grow up.  I can have kids on my own."

"I feel like I am better than Halle."

"Mommy's a grown-up too, Daddy, so you're not her boss."

"Sometimes I don't like being pretty because it kind of embarrasses me when people tell me all the time."

"Not to hurt your feelings, Mommy, but I just want to be with my friends."


And then there's all the recent baby questions.  Not just your basic where do babies come from questions.  No, this kid has to ask the analytical ones.

"What if God puts a baby in your tummy, but you don't want it?"

"If the doctor takes the baby out of your tummy, then where's your scar?"

"Why is being born a special day if you're already alive in your mommy's belly?"

These analytical questions come right along with questions such as, "Explain how GPS works?" and "How do workers build a road?" and "How can you tell when God made something or when a man made something?" I thoroughly appreciate Arden's loads of questions that she dumps on me, usually while we're riding in the car, but afterward I feel like my head is going to implode.

And then, "Mommy, I'm sure I'm going to have a whole lot more new questions for you on our drive back home."



1 comment :

  1. What is it about the car rides that bring out all the questions?! As if we don't have enough to do, trying not to get lost or stuck in traffic or whatever. (ha! Columbia hasn't seen traffic in like 2 years)

    Also, "I feel better than Halle." HAHA!

    ReplyDelete