Total Pageviews

Monday, August 27, 2012

A Pinteresting Day

Some summer days I just don't feel like going outside in the heat.  This means checking things off of my Pinterest To Do list with the kids. 
After Arden ran around half naked in cowboy boots riding her pony.....
We did something with Ivory soap that I saw on Pinterest.  Supposedly if you put a bar of Ivory Soap in the microwave, it will grow into a giant "cloud."  Sure enough, I put it on a paper towel in the microwave for about two minutes and this is what we got!
It grew to be about five times its original size.  The girls then had fun smashing it up into little smithereens.
They added a little water and food coloring to it and molded it into cookie cutters to make new soaps.
The next thing on my list was to make an obstacle course out of streamers.  I taped streamers to the walls in my hallway and the girls had fun maneuvering through them.



Then they decided to make puppets and put on a puppet show for me.
We topped off our morning with pinterest-inspired lunch.  We had homemade pizza balls and homemade ranch dressing.  Yummy!

2 comments :

  1. Showing off again....When I "Pinterest" it has little to do with my kids. More to do with mommy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I told you I'd make a deal with you. I'll do the kid stuff with your kiddos if you tackle all of the DIYs I have pinned. We could be like sister wives! (except for the one-husband thing :)

      Delete