Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Halloween week

This year I made Halle and Arden's Halloween outfits.  The outfits were mainly made of tulle.  I think I did a great job!
Arden wanted to be a scary witch
and Halle was the Queen of Hearts
Since Jack can't walk yet, I thought this would be the perfect time for him to be a Jack in the Box!  I ordered his clown suit off of Amazon, but constructed the box myself.  Because Brian stayed behind to pass out candy while we went trick-or-treating, my brother-in-laws took turns walking Jack to the door to collect candy.  They got a major workout repeatedly carrying this 25 pound box.  They were more than willing to do it, though, because of all of the attention they were getting from Jack's costume.  Jack had celebrity status on Halloween.  Many people in the neighborhood stopped to take his picture and he even won a prize for the best costume. 
The kids had several opportunities to dress up leading to Halloween, too.
Crazy hat day at school
 
 
For career day at school Halle dressed up as a marine scientist
Arden also had an Alice in Wonderland costume that she wore.  This is her with the other dancers at her dance class
My godson, Austin, had a costume party for his birthday.

Having fun at the Halloween store

 
my kids and two of my nephews all ready to trick-or-treat


The adults also dressed up for a Halloween party.  Amanda as Katniss from the Hunger Games and Aaron in his space suit

Alicia and Rusty as pirates

Brian and I as the Queen of Hearts and a card soldier.  I made Brian's costume, too, out of pleather and table cloth vinyl. 

The action shots while we were playing this ping pong game kept coming out blurry, so this is Brian faking an expression

This is his real expression just as I scored the winning point, lol

 
and since I worked so hard on the Halloween costumes.... and because Jack has no teeth to eat his share of the candy, anyway, I treated myself to the candy stash :)











 










 













1 comment :

  1. Their costumes were ADORABLE! I totally forgot to blog about us grown ups dressing up! I will have to do it just so its there.

    ReplyDelete