Total Pageviews

Friday, November 30, 2012

Ode to my Pumpkin

I once bought a pumpkin,  it was orange and round,
For Jack's pictures it would be, an autumn prop on the ground.
The photo was precious, even though Jack was a toot,
Now what to do with this overgrown fruit?. 

Let's carve it, says Halle, and roast the pumpkin seeds,
A princess was her vision, and carving knife was our need.
But only a steak knife we had, to make this ball art,
Thus a scary witch was the product, and the crown fell apart.

Oh well, 'least the seeds are tasty, from this hunk of squash,
Now what else can we do with the pumpkin not-so-posh?
"Let's bake it!!"  said I, "I'll give it a good rubbin'
With olive oil, and slice it, and stick in the oven."

Two hours go by before it's nice and tender,
I pureed it to a pulp with my handy Ninja blender.
So much pumpkin I had, what on earth did I do?
I bagged it and froze it, and even made baby food!

Pumpkin bread, pumpkin cake, pumpkin cobbler galore
It was so yummy, but now I must say PUMPKIN NO MORE!








2 comments :

  1. You are seriously brilliant! That is so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are quite the poet! haha And Jack's picture is PRECIOUS!!

    ReplyDelete