Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Happy 5th Birthday, Arden Rose

Happy birthday, Arden Rose.  You are the bubbliest little girl I know.  You are in a happy mood almost all of the time (unless you're tattling on Jack or Halle).  Your mouth naturally turns into an upward smile, which makes you look like you are always cheerful.  You are an extrovert and thrive on other people's presence. You love love to be the center of attention, however you have recently developed a bit of shyness when all eyes are on you.  You have a unique and surprising way of communicating your thoughts.

You love to turn on music, whether it's slow and romantic or fast and hoppin', and perform dances.  You have moves, girl!  You have a natural sense of rhythm and know how to shake your hips.  You also love to sing.  In fact, you're singing right now as you're dressing for the day.  You sing the thoughts of your mind as if you lived in a musical.  "I am putting on my shoes!  And they are twinkle toes!  They have velcro.... and no laces....They are so sparkly and beautifuuuuuuul to meeeee!"

Yellow is still your favorite color.  It absolutely makes your day if you randomly end up with something yellow: a yellow straw, a yellow sticker from church, a yellow flower from the yard."  Pink and purple are your next favorite colors.  You are a TV junky!  If allowed, you would spend your whole day watching Caillou, Jesse, The Little Mermaid, Mulan, Frozen, and The Croods.  I can't say that I haven't let you do this from time to time.  However, I just asked you your favorite show and you said, "Duck Dynasty."  "What?"  "Because I'm five now."  Silly girl.

If not watching TV then you love to be outdoors.  Swinging, sliding, running, hopping, bike riding.  You couldn't care less about dolls, but you love your stuffed animals, Catarina and Bell.  Sweet Blankey is still your favorite.  She had to be mended by Aunt Sarah, because after five years, she's falling apart.

This year has been a "water" year of accomplishments for you.  You've learned to swim, ice-skate, and snow ski!  Speaking of ice-skating, this is by far your favorite activity, and you call it "finger skating."

You took gymnastics for a while.  If we had more time you would continue to do it, but you were forced to make a choice between it and skating.  You were deathly afraid of the bars at gymnastics, but overcame your fear.  You learned how to do bridges and almost have a cartwheel down.

In school you catch on quickly.  You like to read and write.  You know how to add/subtract simple problems, and like to tell time.  You still have trouble reading clocks, but are very interested in how much time something takes.  For example, you have concluded that it takes five minutes to get to the rock gym to pick up Halle, it takes an hour to watch two Caillou episodes, and if it's Wednesday, then it's four days until Sunday.  My favorite was when you were counting down the days until your birthday.  "It's 4 days until it will be two weeks until my birthday."  Or, "It's 7 days until my birthday party and 9 days until my birthday. Tomorrow it will be 6 days until my birthday party and 8 days until my birthday."

You are a terrible eater.  It takes you forever to finish your dinner.  I give you very little food, but still it takes a decade to eat it.  Unless it's pizza with cheese stuffed crust.  We have to limit your chocolate milk intake.  Now you're only allowed to have it once a day, after you've finished dinner.  And then thirty minutes after dinner you complain that you're hungry.  *Sigh

You are tall and thin.  You eyes are a beautiful blue, and your hair is GORGEOUS.  You usually have a wild mane, and it takes an awful amount of conditioner to tame it; but when brushed you have the most beautiful golden locks.

You say that Jesus is your best friend because He made you.  You understand that you can't see Jesus, but that His presence is everywhere.  You have lots of questions about God, and are frequently trying to make sense of it all.  I can see your wheels turning when you ask a question.  "How can I know if Jesus is talking to me?  I can't hear his voice." or "When I die I'll be in heaven with Jesus, but then I won't be able to see my friends and family anymore and I'll miss them."

You are a loud mouth.  I'm constantly telling you to lower your voice because quiet isn't in your vocabulary.  You are your loudest when you're "talking" (shouting) at Maggie and Cole through your bedroom window or across the backyard fence.  "Hi Maggie!  Hi Cole!  Wanna come over and play?"  I have a bandaid because I fell and hurt myself.  I'm going to the Y in a few minutes.  Ask your mom if you can come over!  What?"  Bring your bike, too!"  I had a Popsicle today!"  All at maximum volume.  The whole neighborhood knows your story.

This past year you have become a sweetheart.  You are more considerate of others, share willingly, are polite and obedient.  You still possess an underlying feisty-ness, though, that makes you a very dynamic individual.  I love you with all of my heart.  I know that you are meant for great things, and am excited to see how the next year unfolds.  Happy birthday, Arden Rose!



No comments :

Post a Comment