Total Pageviews

Monday, April 7, 2014

Ski New Mexico 4

I probably made our trip sound like it was terrible, but we really did have sooo much fun!  There was just so many Griswold moments that I had to blog about it.  :)

This last post is just about the weather and our trip home.

  I was bummed because there wasn't snow in the forecast while we were there.  We were pleasantly surprised when it started falling.  I immediately grabbed my camera and bundled up the kids for the photo opportunity.  These are my favorites from the fresh snow.  

The night we drove into town to buy food, we stopped along the route at the darkest place we could find.  There were no street lights or cars around.  We killed the lights to our van and stood outside, staring up at the stars.  It was magnificent!  The sky was clear and the sky twinkled.  I can't begin to describe how beautiful it was!  We saw full constellations and it seemed as if every inch of the sky lit up.  I was amazed.

Our drive home was rather boring.  We stopped at a Red Box and picked up several movies.  Made me love Red Box even more because we rented them in New Mexico and were able to return them in Houston.

We saw a 7-11!  I haven't seen one since I was a kid.  This made me happy.  Yes I took a picture of it.

We also stopped in at a peculiar Mc Donalds.  It seemed like a futuristic Mc D.  Instead of a playground they had a lounge area with video games.  And the tables were light-interactive.  It was so weird.  I didn't know what to think of this McDonalds, taking away the old-school playground and all.


Well that wraps up our trip.  We had a great time, and I learned how to ski, something I've always wanted to do.  Now when we go visit Sarah and Adam in Colorado we can hit some of the ski places there.  Can't wait!

1 comment :

  1. I loved all your posts. It SO doesn't sound like my kind of vacation (give me some city lights! haha) but I'm happy y'all enjoyed it and had such good family time. (PS...7-11s are ALLLL over the place in Thailand. Is that weird?)

    ReplyDelete