Total Pageviews

Monday, June 2, 2014

Seven Pounds

No, this isn't a post about Will Smith's 2008 weird and strangely titled movie.  Unfortunately this is about the fat and water weight I gained in a very short period of time. 

As I sit here typing out this blog I am munching on carrot sticks for added dramatics.

We took a trip to Georgia last week for Ryan and Beth's wedding.  On that short three day trip I managed to acquire SEVEN additional pounds of weight!!!!  I about fainted when I stepped on the scale post-trip. Good grief.  This post will highlight each and everyone of those pounds, and what attributed to it, because by-golly I earned them.

Pound 1:  Waffle House.  Adam and Sarah rode in our van with us on the trip.  Including the Littles, there were six of us in the van for our 12 hour drive there.  None of the adults besides Adam had been to Waffle House before and Adam was all about getting him some waffles.  He really wanted the rest of us to try it.  Do you know how many Waffle Houses there are?!?!?!  I think the number of Waffle Houses we passed exceeded the number of Mc Donalds.  I'd never noticed how many there were; there was one at practically every exit.  Needless to say, we stopped at a Waffle House for our first road meal.  We'd all been up since 2 am, so by 8 am we were starving. The rest of us weren't so keen on stopping at a Waffle House, because let's be honest, they are kind of shabby.  
We stopped at a stereotypical Waffle House, and we virgin Waffle Housians ordered pecan waffles.  Oh my, they were outstanding.  And the bacon.  The bacon was thick and delicious.  And the omelettes.  We were sold on Waffle House.  
Waffle House broke my diet so it was all down hill from there.  
Once we exited the highway toward our hotel, Brian said, "I'm really disappointed because there wasn't a Waffle House sign at the exit,"  Two seconds later we pulled forward at the stoplight, and low, and behold, as if the heavens opened up and the angels started singing, we saw not just a sign, but the sign sitting on top of the restaurant itself.
    Hilarious!  Didnt' matter though, because there were three more much closer to our hotel. 

Pound 2: Road trip crap food.  Collectively these contributed to pound 2: Skittles, Pork skins, gummy bears, Krystal Burgers, Iced Coffee, sunflower seeds, Corn Nuts, and more. 

Pound 3: Brisket. The rehearsal dinner and wedding reception both had very delicious brisket. And as a mom you know that I don't just eat my plate, but I finish whatever is left on the Littles' plates.  Not to mention the chicken, mashed potatoes, cheesy grits, bread, wine, beer, cheese......

Pound 4: Key lime cake.  The wedding cake was four tiers and each was a different flavor: chocolate, peach, strawberry, and KEY LIME!  The key lime was sooooo good.  I've never had a key lime cake before, and it was to die for.  

Pound 5:  Krispy Kreme. On the way home Adam was on a different mission.  This time it wasn't Waffle House, but Krispy Kreme.  Two dozen donuts in our van = no bueno.  Brownie batter donuts, cake batter donuts, lemon filled, strawberry filled, and hot and fresh plain glazed.  Honestly these bad boys probably contributed a pound and a half.
oh wait, looks like we had more than two dozen.  Wow.

Pound 6:  Pizza Village in Lafayette.  Hamburger pizza and meat lovers pizza.  Nuff said.

Pound 7: DQ. Once again Adam (dang it Adam) and Brian were on a mission (I should probably blame Brian more since he was driving) to find a Dairy Queen.  If Adam and Brian are together, chances are there will be a DQ stop for blizzards.  

(Ok, backstory: so we are pretty famous at our local DQ for our blizzards.  All four of us order the same thing.  "Chocolate Extreme Blizzard with extra extra fudge and extra extra cookie dough.  Make sure there's so much fudge that it's almost black."  This is sooo good!  This particular order can be blamed on pregnant Bobbie.  I got upset with Brian when I was pregnant with Jack.  I sent Brian to DQ and he didn't bring back the blizzard the way I wanted it.  I think I cried.  I wanted it with so much extra stuff that there would be more toppings than ice cream.  The next time he went back he told them his pregnant wife yelled at him because they didn't do it right.  He told them to get it right or he was going to be in trouble again.  They finally nailed it.  Brian, Adam, and Sarah tried it, and they've been ordering it the same way since.  Between the four of us we have those employees trained on how to make a perfect blizzard)

I was good this time around and didn't order a blizzard at our roadtrip DQ stop.  Sometimes I have will power.  But.  There's a but.  Halle couldn't finish the last half of her large order (she was in sugar shock between that and Krispy Kreme) so I finished it for her.  I couldn't let it go to waste!

For good measure (no pun intended) I also ate all of my veggies and drank lots of water in an effort to balance (see I punned it again) everything out.  Didn't work.



1 comment :

  1. I'm glad you mentioned you were only in GA for 3 days or I was gonna get on to you for not giving me a chance to meet you! :) Also, I gained 7 pounds on my honeymoon. If that makes you feel any better.

    ReplyDelete