Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Birthdays and Anniversary

My Dad turned 70 in January!  We threw him a surprise party.  Those folks got pretty rowdy toward the end!  Fun times.
family and friends celebrating my dad's birthday.



It took me 70 years to look this good. :)
We also celebrated 13 years of marriage!  We went shopping at the mall.  It was pretty funny because I made Brian go into Sephora with me.  He was secretly wishing that I wouldn't buy anything from there because he'd already bought me a Sephora gift card.  Then he made me go into Abercrombie to smell his favorite cologne, which he was out of.  I was secretly wishing he wouldn't buy any because I had already gotten him the cologne and it was in my purse.  Ha!  We know each other too well!
We tried Flemings Steakhouse for the first time.  Afterward we watched American Sniper.
 
Brian's birthday fell on Super Bowl Sunday this year.  We started the day with church and then we ate at a local Mexican restaurant with our life group afterward.  They waiter got Brian good with whipped cream and a cherry.  He looked like a rodeo clown.  :)

Adam and Sarah then came over for the evening.  We had surf and turf for dinner.  We boiled a bunch of shrimp and then had steak.  YUM!
Halle and Sarah with the big bowl of shrimp.  It was fabulous.
This is the paleo chocolate cake that I made.  It looks so much better than it tasted.  Haha!  It was the driest thing I've ever eaten.  Honestly I think I baked it too long.  I was afraid it would fall apart if I under-baked it.  It came out like brick.  I seriously thing you could have thrown it at someone and knocked them out!  Sarah claimed it was good for a healthy cake, but Brian and Adam literally poured milk on it to moisten it.  Hilarious!  It's a good thing I had a back-up of Sweet potato paleo cookies because those are always a hit!  Five dozen of those were gone in no time.


This is cool Uncle Adam carrying around 80 pounds of kids.  Notice how red his face was.  They love their Uncle Adam


1 comment :

  1. You need to blog your sweet potato cookie recipe. I made sweet potato brownies once (even with frosting!) and the girls said it tasted like poopies. While choking and gagging.

    ReplyDelete