Total Pageviews

Monday, May 4, 2015

Never a Dull Moment

I know it's a part of life, but something is always breaking!   It's like we never have a break from the breaking!  Hmmm, let's see.  I'll just go over the things from the last 8 months or so that I can remember.  :)    This list doesn't include the routine maintenance annoyances like having to buy new ink for the printer or new water filters for the fridge.... or the things that we just deal with because it's the last thing we want to worry about (like the small leak from my bathroom faucet.) It also doesn't include the kids that keep me on my toes or the major expenditures that they accrue (like Jack breaking our TV or paying $500 for summer swim league.) No, these are random unplanned, poorly timed things that have required some serious effort or $$$$ to fix, or both.

The pool had a leak.

We fixed that only to find out there was another leak by the waterfall.

The pool hose then needed to be replaced.

Our hot water heater went out.

The electrical panel went out on my van.

Pool chlorinator broke.

Brian's leaf blower broke.

Printer broke.

Something happened to Brian's car (can't remember, but it had to be fixed.)

All of the massive amounts of rain has caused a small lake to form in our backyard.  There is no where for the water to drain because our french drain system was overridden by the new construction behind us.  There are bullfrogs galore that have taken up residence in our backyard as a result.  Not to mention the mosquitoes.

Hail storm has done major damage on our roof.

My teeth suck.  That's a whole other sob story.

Computer screen cracked so bad it's almost unusable.

Transmission in my van went out.  They fixed it and before they could return it to me, it went out again.

Pool pump broke.

Our dog died.

The back brakes went out on my van this weekend.  Those had to be replaced.

So what spurred on this post?  Well, probably the fact that I just soaked up a gallon of water from under my kitchen sink from a leaky faucet!!!

Just when we save enough money for something special, something freaking breaks!!!  I'm at a point now that I just laugh when it happens because there's nothing else I can do!

I'm happy to be alive and I know we are very blessed.  But..... if you feel like one thing after another keeps breaking, know we're right there with ya!!

No comments :

Post a Comment