Total Pageviews

Monday, July 8, 2013

"There's no such thing as boredom, only lack of imagination."


One of my favorite things about my oldest daughter: her creativity.  If you've ever been around Halle then you know what a special person she is.  She NEVER complains and is extremely good natured.  When she's bored, instead of whining, she finds something to do.  Usually it involves her constructing something.  She's done this since she was tiny.  I can't count the number of times I've been the taste tester of her unique food concoctions, or how many cardboard boxes she's used to build things.  Just a few things from the past few weeks...   
 
Face Mask
Halle had nothing to do one night so she decided to make a homemade face mask for us to try.  It was made out of honey, milk, banana, sour cream, and baking soda.  Oh my goodness, the stuff smelled terrible and was really runny.  It took me back to my high school cheering days.  As initiation at summer cheer camp, I got a bucket of food, water, and shaving cream mixture thrown on me in my sleep.  I gagged at the smell of shaving and sour cream for months and months after.  The face mask brought back that smell.  I do have to say that my face was much smoother after, though!  She may be on to something!
 

 
Halle's volcano.  She made the volcano out of a toilet paper roll, mud, and water.  Impressive!
 
 
A car Halle made for Jack which was constructed out of a cardboard box.  Complete with a steering wheel, seat, and windshield.  Haha.  Poor Jack did not like the car, but Arden sure did!  Arden "drove" around in it quite a bit. 
 I love my Halle!

No comments :

Post a Comment