Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Service Jar Week 6

"Let your light shine before men that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven."Matthew 5:16

Prayer walk:

This week we took a stroll around the neighborhood.  Arden and Jack were pulled along in the wagon. Halle and I took turns praying for neighbors as we passed their homes.  I've never prayer walked before, so I didn't know quite how to lead it or what the point was.  I mean, why not just pray for your neighbors from the comfort of your own chair?  However, after walking by a few houses I quickly saw the impact that a prayer walk can have on your prayers.  Passing the houses brought up thoughts about the neighbors that don't normally cross my mind, and that led me to pray for specifics.  For example, seeing Mr. Fowler's daughter working in the yard across the street reminded me to pray for Mr. Fowler in the nursing home.  Also for the daughter herself as she tries to maintain his yard and home.  Passing by the pool prompted a prayer for the swim team.   We passed the Guerrero's, Vowell's, Muse's, Gilley's and many other neighbors that we personally know.  Things came to mind to pray for that wouldn't have had we not prayer walked.  Some are trying to start a family, some are getting married, some are starting new jobs.  All things that could use prayer on their behalves.  We also saw unknown neighbors and others along the way.  Although we don't know their heart or situations, God does, so we said prayers specifically for them.  It was a good experience and I got to hear Halle pray aloud.

Along our walk Halle pointed out how dilapidated our yard looks in comparison to many others.  She's now nagging me to plant flowers and plants in our front yard to fill in our sparse flower beds.  ;/



1 comment :

  1. Yay for prayerwalking! I used to do it with my girls when they were really little, and I'm sad now that I've become so busy/apathetic that I've stopped. And now my girls are old enough to join me. I know you weren't writing it for this purpose, but thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete