Total Pageviews

Friday, August 30, 2013

Little Woman

If you've never met Halle then you might wonder why I say Halle is a grownup trapped in a tween's body. Here's an example why. This week was our first week of homeschooling. Yesterday she didn't finish with her school work until late (around 9 pm) because we spent the whole morning doing music lessons. I then told her she needed to do the dishes. Her response, "ok. I'm going to hurry though because I still have to read my Bible for about thirty minutes." Turns out she has a read-the-bible-in-a-year goal and she's on day eight. I didn't know this and I didn't tell her to do it. She's been pacing and tracking herself all on her own. The fact that she's on day 8 is way better than I've ever done in my attempts to read the bible straight through. My mom chastises Halle because she thinks Halle is too serious and well-mannered, to a fault. She is convinced Halle doesn't have fun. She tells her, "You need to be bad every once in a while. It's ok. If your mom gets mad, then just blame me." Halle just says, "yes, ma'am." hahahaha!

1 comment :