Total Pageviews

Monday, August 26, 2013

The perfect imperfect first day

If I said our first day of school went off without a hitch I would be lying.  I'm not complaining.  Simply documenting the events of the day.  :)

My intention was to have our first day of school outside in our PJs.  And I wanted to get a picture of them with their signs.  Last night Arden slept in the clothes that she wore yesterday,  so this morning I made her go put ON her nightgown.  Ha!  We laid out a blanket with our books and computer.  Then it started to rain.
After I got my desired picture (which took many attempts because Jack kept pulling his sign off) we moved everything to our covered patio.  Arden started screaming at Jack because he was writing on her workbook.  

Jack doing school work, too.  This lasted about, oh, 5 seconds before he found something else to do.  Arden was working here but now only her headband is left behind.  She vacated the table because Jack was bothering her.  She went and sat with Halle. 



Then Jack fell down and busted his eye.  He was really dirty from playing outside all morning so I took him inside for a bath.  He had a dirty diaper.  Before I could wrap up the diaper and throw it away Rudi, our dog, took off with it leaving a trail of turds behind.  Which then made Arden get watery eyed and gag uncontrollably.  By the time I got to enjoy my cup of coffee it was cold and occupied by a fly.  I then HAD to go to the grocery store in the downpour because my fridge was echoing.  I'd put it off so long that we didn't even have a package of Ramen noodles to eat.  Halle ate a tomato for lunch.  Arden ate popcorn.  Jack ate a piece of cheese.    Oh, and I poked Halle in the eye which made her cry.

Halle did manage to get in six hours of work today.  She worked diligently in her bedroom after it started pouring outside.  Arden gave Halle a sticker "for being a good girl." Brian came home and asked Halle how she liked the teachers, counselor, principal, and classmates.  Miraculously she approves of us.


1 comment :

  1. Oh my goodness, I laughed the entire last half of this. Every little detail is hilarious! You are so strong - this pretty much summed up why I don't feel called to homeschool!

    ReplyDelete