Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Some milestones for all three kids

I'm not happy about it.  Not happy at all.  I'm officially on my way from being the second tallest in our family to the shortest.  My first kid passed me up in height.  December 23rd was the actual day.  Halle went from my height, 5'2 and 3/4", to 5'3".  Halle was thrilled about it.  Good for her, because I always prayed (very earnestly) that I would grow tall.  God had other plans.  After #2 and #3 pass me up then I'll just be a little old lady.   I'm not bitter.....:)

January 7th marked a milestone for Arden and Jack.  Arden lost her first tooth.  She has been dying to lose a tooth like her friends.  Such dramatics we've had this past Fall because none of her teeth were loose yet.  At the beginning of this month she bit into something hard and realized that it hurt and her tooth was getting loose!  We couldn't contain her excitement; she was thrilled.  She was so excited to lose it that she even let her daddy pull it out.  Oh, her best friend, Myleigh, lost her first tooth that day as well!
10530670_10205748701424942_7355727814258939106_n.jpg
It's amazing how fast Arden will go to sleep when she knows that tooth fairy is on her way. 
  
Jack's milestone was that he stood up to pee.  (These things need to be documented, people, because it's been a battle.)
For the past few months it's been hit or miss (no pun intended) on the potty training.  When he did go he would sit like a girl.  This made his dad cringe, especially when he used toilet paper like a girl, too.  Ha!!!  He finally started going like a big boy, with the help of many many marshmallow bribes.  The best part???  I didn't have to train him to put the lid and seat down afterward;  he does that on his own!

No comments :

Post a Comment