Total Pageviews

Monday, September 9, 2013

Myrtle Beach family vacation - part 3 The Beach

Update:  Yay I've got my blog settings fixed and now it's working properly.  I now can add captions to the pictures and rearrange them.  Woohoo!

 I know I'm taking forever to blog about this vacation...... sorry! Since my computer was restored the settings have been messed up. It's hard to insert pictures in the correct sequence. So there's captionless pictures inserted randomly within the text. :0) The beach was amazing. We spent time on an off at the beach all throughout our stay.
just a little too much sunscreen.

i love these sunglasses with the velcro strap because he couldn't pull them off easily



The first full day there we spent hours there playing in the sand and water. It was a busy beach which is what I like. I like to people watch (does that make me stalker-ish?) and see all of theactivities going on. The waves broke almost right at the shoreline, so the kids had fun being knocked over by them.

 The sand was my favorite part. It wasn't powdery like Florida's sand, yet your feet would sink into it like quicksand. It was filled with teeny pieces of seashells which is why I don't think it gets packed down like most beach sand; but the seashell pieces were so fine that you couldn't feel them.

 There were lifeguards on duty. Brian and Halle got in trouble for going out too far. The lifeguard blew his whistle at them for about five minutes, but they were too busy body surfing that they didn't notice they were in trouble. ;)

 If I wasn't so chicken I would have snapped a picture of one lifeguard in particular. Everything about him screamed typical beach lifeguard. From his long bleach blond hair, physique, super dark tan, and red shorts, to his sunglasses and stance. It was hilarious to me.  I felt like I was on an episode of Baywatch.


No comments :

Post a Comment