Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Myrtle Beach- Part 6 Food and Fotos

Food and Photos

Food:  We ate most of our meals in our hotel room.  We had a kitchen so we stocked up at Walmart when we first arrived.
This made me laugh.  Instead of there being a McDonalds inside their Walmart there was a Blimpie sandwich shop.

One of the few meals we ate out was at Mammy's.  It was known to have the best breakfast buffet.  They were right.  Great buffet!  Bacon cooked just right, lots of fresh fruit, and every breakfast item in between.


Arden enjoying watermelon

"This is better than that turkey bacon crap Mama gives me."

ready to chow down.

And he's done!

On every corner of Myrtle beach was a waffle house.  And then you had the NHOP.



Photos:
We wanted (and by "we" I mean "I") to get some family pictures on the beach.  We needed to wake up early and get down to the beach around 6 am because we (again "I") wanted to get the sunrise in the background.  Also the beach was not crowded that early in the morning.  So we got up and decked out in our finest beach wear.  After an hour of primping ourselves we started to head out.  We stepped onto the balcony to get our first shots.  And it was raining!!!!  We didn't check the weather.  Turned out it would be raining for the next few days.  Ughhhh.  So we shedded our clothes and went back to bed.  

The next day: knowing that we wouldn't get any sunrise shots with the overcast sky I decided my family would be ready for pictures ALL day.  When there was a clearing (I was tracking the hour by hour rain percentanges on my phone) we would stop what we were doing and get some quick shots on the beach.  So during the afternoon there was a small window of opportunity.  We're in the car and I'm rushing Brian to get to the closest beach access.  Jack is asleep in the car and is cranky when I wake him up.  We grab the best shots we can in the misting, windy weather.  I'm aggravated that the situation is not perfect and now my hair is horrible.  Arden isn't cooperating and we are just one big mess.  

I then ask Halle to get some shots of Brian and I together on the beach.  You know, the romantic-couple-on-the-beach kind of pictures.  Brian is annoyed that I'm making him kiss me over and over on the beach because people are walking by and staring.  Halle snaps about twenty pictures.  It's starting to pour again and we rush to the car, me trying to protect my camera, and Brian trying to get the sandy kids in.  I go to review my pictures.... and there's NONE of Brian and me.  Halle wasn't holding down the button long enough for the picture to take.  Ahhhhhhh!  I'm so irritated at this point.  I'm mad at her for not taking it right and frustrated at myself for not clearly explaining it to her.  And I'm just really irritated at the whole situation.  I'm seriously feeling like the Griswolds at this point, but at least the guy that offered to take our picture didn't run off with our camera.  (But the first one he snapped was at the exact time that a huge wave hit us.) Hahaha!

Sigh.....

About an hour later the rain died down again and we scrambled out of the car (again) so Halle could grab some shots of Brian and me.  
Not quite the shot I was going for.  The hotels weren't supposed to be in the background and Brian was supposed to look like he was madly in love.  :)

My poor family has to deal with my quirky photo-shoot persistence and perfectionism (and I wonder where Arden gets her persistence from :).  AND to top it off my computer crashed so I lost my Photoshop.  Oh well.  We got some decent shots out of it all.  Here's a sampling.   

  

1 comment :

  1. Those last 3 are really good!! Also, I totally get the condiment thing. Hazel chewed her first gum ever this year, at age 5. Twice. The second time, she spit it out in the car and we discussed (she agreed) that she's just not ready for gum yet. haha

    ReplyDelete