Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Myrtle Beach- part 7 On the way home


Jack getting caffeined up for the drive home.

We loaded up to head back home.  Just look at our cart!  We had trash bags hanging off the top with leftover food in them, the canopy, and Jack's huge bear chillin' with the luggage.  Even Alice, Halle's all time favorite cat, was wedged in there.  That is talent!  Way to go Master Packer Brian. We rolled this bad boy all the way from the 16th floor, across the street and into the parking garage.  



Our 18 hour drive home consisted of more Yellow Car, eating as much of the leftover cold stuff as possible (yogurts, lunch meat, milk, lime-a-ritas for me :) and desensitizing our noses to the smell in the car.  (The day we got to Myrtle Beach, one of the kids knocked over and spilled a cup of coffee in my car.  It smelled horrible!  Each day the smell grew stronger.  What was funny was that everyone had a different idea of what it smelled like.  Arden thought it smelled like blueberry muffins (nuh-uh) which is good that she LIKED the smell since she has a weak stomach.  I thought it smelled like rancid hazelnut.  Halle said it smelled like rotten mushrooms with a side of bleu cheese.  Brian agreed with Halle.)  

I read a James Patterson book on the way home while Arden mastered Subway Surfers.

We stopped in Mobile, Alabama for the night.  It was unbelievable how nice of an inn we stayed in Mobile compared to the one in Atlanta.  The differences were like night and day, and they were the same price!
Arden going for a spin on the cart.  By the end of the trip she was a pro at working the elevator and driving these things.

 We stopped at Chick fil a for dinner.  I've been holding out on Jack with condiments.  He has been just fine eating all of his past chicken nuggets dry and boring.  He didn't know the difference of how dreamy ketchup or barbecue sauce of Chick-fil-a sauce could make a nugget.  I mean, what he doesn't know won't hurt him.  I've resisted introducing it to him because frankly, it's one less mess I have to clean up!  If he had ketchup then there would be ketchup everywhere!  
I should have let Brian in on my anti-sauce agenda, but I didn't.  See, it wasn't one of those things that I was cognitively aware I was doing.  Until, "Noooooooooo!  Don't give it to him!" came out of my mouth at Chick-fil-a.  Too late.  Jack had his first taste of ketchup heaven and the lure of double dipping before him.  So now the ketchup barrier is broken and is a must-have for Jack.  And salsa.  And ranch.  And anything else that he can dip into.  :)

Well that was our trip to Myrtle Beach!  We had a fantastic week!  There were a few mishaps, but overall it was an excellent vacation.  I wouldn't change a thing, from the horrible motel in Atlanta to the rainy family photos.  The whole vacation gave us lots of fun AND funny memories; and I'm glad I have a blog to look back and laugh at it.

No comments :

Post a Comment