Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

My birthday and Mother's Day.

33.  Thirty-three!  I can't believe I'm 33 years old.  I am enjoying my thirties more than my twenties, though, minus the fine lines and wrinkles.  Darn gravity and sun!

We kept my birthday simple this year.  It was a busy day.  We dropped Halle off at a babysitting class and then spent the morning with Arden at her first swim meet.

Halle and I went shopping after her class so I could find something to wear for the evening.  I tell ya, she's a tough critic!  I tried on just about everything in Francesca's, but she didn't like much of it on me.  She was honest with her opinions, lol.  At least you know to trust her.  She likes modest dressing; especially on me.  Too short, too tight, too low-cut.... she was sure to let me know!  Without me prompting her, "You don't have to worry about me not dressing conservative as a teenager."  bahahahaha!  I'm going to hold her to that statement.  :) So I settled on a pair of classic white shorts and black top.  

We went to Swanny's for dinner.  It was the Muses, Greens, Vowells, and Hargraves.  Swanny's is an outdoor restaurant that's a part of Swanson's golf center. We like it because it has a playground for the kids, is laid back, and they usually have music.  Plus it's owned by a family that lives in our neighborhood.  Saturday is karaoke night, so I thought it would be fun!  Brian and Crystal both got up and sang.  All of the kids sang, too. We heard Frozen's "Let it go" about twenty times that night.  Our kids sang it about five of those twenty.  A young boys team of baseball players got up and sang it, too.  We needed to thaw out by the end of the night.

I got some great gifts!!!  Clothes, facial gift certificate, new purse, cake decorating tools, new Ninja blender, and more!  It was a nice low-key birthday.  Arden made me a sweet birthday card and Halle made me a coffee mug, heart, and flower with her Krazy loom.  Jakob played the birthday song for me on his guitar. Crystal wrote me a crazy cute poem.  :)

My birthday cake.  look at all of those candles!!!!!  Yep, I burned my hair while I was blowing them out.


The next day was Mother's Day.  I did exactly what I wanted to do on Mother's Day: lay in bed uninterrupted until the late morning, and a little more shopping.  Brian made breakfast and cleaned the house.  Halle and I visited my mom that evening.

Halle made me a really sweet gift.  She put a photo collage together and framed it.

2 comments :

  1. That cracks me up about Halle! And I think the whole time at the restaurant I would've been making Dumb & Dumber jokes... "Swimmy, Swanny, Swanson..."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emily I can't watch dumb nd dumber without thinking about our trip to visit Aunt Sissy.

      Delete