Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Things I didn't know before I started homeschooling.

In no particular order

1.  How there would always be a science project or a random something growing in my fridge.  Like, always.  A seed, some mold, a food concoction.  Right now there's some homemade Egyptian coins from Halle's history lesson in there.  ??  Why they're in the fridge is beyond me.
2.  How much free time you have AND how busy you could be... all at the same time.
3.  How all three kids (and the dog) would come snuggle in bed with me every morning.  Until I kick them off and make them get to work.
4.  How Halle has a heart to teach.  She likes to teach Arden because it helps her reinforce what she's learned.  And how much Arden would absorb.  
5.  How rewarding it is.
6.  How close my kids would become to each other.  Of course they still fight, but they have a close bond, and love each other.
7.  How much I like history...  because I sure did hate it in school.  And how much I've personally learned this year.  
8.  How you can You Tube almost anything to reinforce a lesson.  Thanks, You Tube, for making me look smarter than I am.
9. How everything in life is turned into a teachable moment.
10.  How many questions my kids would ask that I don't know the answer to.  They particularly like to ask questions in the car.  When I don't have a computer to back me up.  Sometimes I tell them shhhh let's listen to the radio.  Sometimes I start saying a bunch of BS that kinda sounds smart and good.  "What's the stuff on the road that makes it look shiny from a distance, but not shiny close up?"  "How do the manufacturers make different textures of leather." And then there's the random simple stuff that makes you feel like a dummy.  "What does "of" mean?"  Yeah, try explaining that to a five year old off the top of your head.  Without using the word "of" to explain it.  :)

No comments :

Post a Comment