Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Pinstrosiversary- Makeup brushes

With a three year old running around my house all day and an eleven month chasing after her, my house NEVER stays clean.  I am really good at cleaning, but not so much at keeping it clean.  My mom understands what it's like, so she comes over twice a year to do an overhaul on my house.  I am so thankful that she does that.  She and my sister both came over yesterday to help me with some deep cleaning.  My mom scrubbed my shower, washed my blinds, did my floors, etc.  I scrubbed the grout in my bathrooms, washed the baseboards, among many other chores that required elbow grease.  My sister organized my daughters' rooms and closets.  It was so nice after a long day of hard work to just sit back and relax and enjoy how tidy my house was.  I knew it wouldn't last long, so I relished in the moment.


I was determined to get a few areas in my house organized; the areas that tend to get messy the fastest.  One spot in my house that I wanted to organize was my vanity area.  I can never keep it straightened (this one I can't blame on my three year old.)  So I bought a small corner shelf for my lotions, and I picked up some small apothecary jars for hair bands and other stuff.  I also wanted to organize my makeup and makeup brushes.  It's the small stuff like makeup brushes that can turn my vanity into complete chaos.  

I saw this picture of a way to keep your makeup brushes upright and readily available.


http://pinterest.com/pin/201465783302359583/
makeup brush holder missjanet

I thought this would be great for me, especially since I have at least triple the amount of brushes and am always losing them!  I decided to use potpourri instead of marbles, though.... might as well give the filler dual purpose.



 

After doing this, I realized that I had so many makeup brushes that I really didn't need a filler to keep them upright after all!  Ha!  Oh well, at least this small organizational task made me hunt them all down and put them in one spot.  I'll be more inclined to keep them organized since I put time and effort into it.... I hope so anyway!

 

2 comments :

  1. Girl! That is a lot of brushes! You would crack up if you saw how many I have! And will your mom come deep clean my house please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!!! That just made me want to come over and play "makeup" with all of your brushes! I only have three!!! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete