Total Pageviews

Monday, February 25, 2013

Time to Shape Up! Update at Week 6

I am behind on this post.  These updated pictures were taken last week.

I have to say I am not doing well with this personal challenge.  With only a week and a half left before Jack turns a year old, I know I will not reach my goal.  But.... I'm okay with that.  I will reach it eventually even if it's not in the time I allotted myself.  :)  And I'm making some progress.

I have a ton of excuses to give as to why I'm not doing well with this, but I'm not going to give them.  Why??  Because excuses don't matter.  They are just that.... excuses.

I do want to share that I have a thyroid disease that negatively affects my metabolism.   I only share this so that anyone out there with a similar issue can know that thyroid problems make it much more difficult, but not impossible.  I am determined to get to my former physique in spite of it, and not let it be an excuse to quit.
So I am going to continue this post until I finally do reach my goal.  

 I weighed in at 118.4 last week.  That is only 3.4 pounds away from my 115 goal, but the body fat percentage is the real determining factor in progress.  Here are comparisons between Day 1 and Week 6.  My midsection has shrunk a little and you can see a different in my inner thighs.  You can't tell in the pictures, but my shoulders and back are a little more defined, too.  There isn't a whole lot of difference, but that's ok with me.  Slow and steady wins the race, and I am slowly making progress.  :)

Day 1
Day 42

Day 1


Day 42
Day 1
Day 42



GOAL- Pre-Jack








No comments :

Post a Comment