Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Mispronunciations

You may not think it's cute and maybe I'm biased, but this kid constantly has me rolling.  I think she is so funny and cute. She's got a great sense of humor, and I love the way she expresses her thoughts.

I like to keep records of my kids' mispronunciations and the funny things they say so I can look back and enjoy them.  They are my favorite.  I get sad when they finally learn the right way to say stuff.  I have handwritten slips of paper of funny things Halle said when she was little, and I really enjoy going back to reminisce her early years every once in a while.  They really do grow up so fast, so I try to capture as many memories as possible; they are very special to me.  I mean, really is my baby boy already turning one?!!!!

First I'll start out with the way Arden currently says some words.  

*"I squirrel my tahn."  I twirl my baton.
*"Do you want to be ten with me?" Do you want to pretend with me?
*"You nember?"  Do you remember?
*"mess-ghetti" spaghetti.  I actually think her word is very fitting.

Arden sometimes doesn't know a particular word, so she'll do her best to describe it to you.
"I was sleeping and there was a scary monster behind my eyes!"  I had a bad dream.
"When I was sad my eyes were wet and my nose was wet and tickling me." I started tearing up and got a runny nose.

Cute Story
Yesterday I pulled Jack's jeans off of him so he would be comfortable while napping.  After his nap I made a poor judgment of how much time I had in order to leave my house.  I was rushing around trying to get the kids ready in order to make it on time to a class at the Y.  I couldn't find Jack's jeans.  I yelled at Arden to hurry and get dressed while I frantically searched the same spots for the jeans I knew I JUST had before Jack's nap (isn't it funny how you always keep searching the same spot over and over again as if the missing item will magically reappear.)  "Arden!  Get your shoes on!  We have to hurry!  Where are Jack's pants?  Have you seen them?"  "I don't know, Mommy.  Mommy!  My hair is messy!  You need to brush it!"  I figured I must have set the jeans down somewhere and wasn't thinking straight because I was in a hurry.  So I gave up on the jeans, changed his diaper, and pulled out a fresh pair of pants from his dresser.  Mind you, this is all happening in about 2 1/2 minutes.  Arden is running around trying to find missing shoes and telling me her hair is a mess and I need to brush it.  Get the picture?  Not a "mom who has got-it-together moment."  She gives up on me fixing her hair and is still trying to put on shoes while we're running out the door.  I take a look at what she has decided to wear.  She's got on a long sleeved shirt, high waters, and dress up shoes.  I don't care at this point that she looks like a neglected child since I'm rushing, but make a mental note that she needs new pants. Most of Arden's jeans are too short on her because she is so tall and skinny.  It's chilly outside and I really wish she'd put some longer jeans on, but am not too concerned since my class starts in ten minutes and I really don't want to miss.  I mean, she's going to be inside anyway.  She's not going to freeze in the one minute it takes to walk from the car to the inside.  These are all of the things going through my head  as I'm strapping in the kids, making a bottle for Jack, and trying to fill up my own water bottle.  

Whew!  I made it to my class in the nick of time.  

After class I'm no longer in a hurry and am able to think straighter.  I go to the childcare center to pick up my kids.  Again I see Arden's short pants and think to my self that the poor kid looks pitiful in her outfit and crazy hair.   It's not until then that I realize what happened to Jack's jeans.  She was WEARING them!  I'm laughing hysterically at this moment.  I try to explain to Brian why this is so funny but he just looks at me and and gives me a courtesy chuckle.  It was obviously a "you had to have been there" type of moment.  Either way I thought it was hilarious that 1)she looked like a fool, 2)she didn't realize she put on her brother's clothes, and 3)she is so skinny that she is able to fit in 6-12 month clothes.  Arden thought it was really funny when I told her she was wearing baby boy clothes.  She laughed along with me once she realized what she did.  

I thought the jeans were uncomfortable for her to wear, since they are almost too small for Jack.  But I guess not because she went to bed in them and slept the whole night with them on.  This is her this morning after she woke up.. with her brother's jeans still on.  
In the picture they almost look like cute capris.  Trust me when I say they were not cute in person.  

2 comments :

  1. I saw this coming the moment you said you couldn't find Jack's jeans! So funny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just about to say they look cute, but I'll take your word for it! :) I love these funny things they say, they grow out of it too soon! I need to blog some Annabel funnies before it's too late.

    ReplyDelete