Total Pageviews

Monday, May 13, 2013

Jack's first haircut

On April 22nd Jack got his first haircut....without me.  I'm not going to lie... I was furious!  Brian cut it in the bathroom while I was cleaning up after dinnertime.  I had no idea that Jack was getting a shaved head until they came back into the living room afterwards.  My poor baby.  Good thing he's cute because his haircut WAS NOT!  Brian used a #1 to buzz Jack's hair with so it was super short.  It was also patchy and still had some long wispies.  I almost cried. 

I wanted to take Jack to Hargrave's Barber Shop which is an old-fashioned barber shop owned by a distant relative.  I wanted to take pictures.  I wanted to be there to experience my only son's one and only first haircut.  I wanted to see his reaction to the buzzing of the clippers.  I wanted it to be cut just a little to shape it up.  I did not want him to be taken to Hargrave's Butcher Shop! 

Oh well.  Brian and Jack had a father/son moment.  If nothing else it was definitely MEMORABLE!
Mom, look what Dad did to me!
ALL of his hair.  Where's the superglue so I can put it back???

No comments :

Post a Comment