Total Pageviews

Friday, May 31, 2013

Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep

Arden's prayer.  First she does a traditional children's prayer:

"Now I lay me down to sleep I pray the Lord my soul to keep.  If I should die before I wake I pray the Lord my soul to take.  God bless Mommy, Daddy, Halle, Jack, my family, and the whole wide world.  In Jesus' name I pray, Amen."

Then she also says an unscripted prayer where she tells Jesus she loves Him, thanks Him for loving her, and asks for forgiveness of sins.

Arden's confessions: They crack me up because some are so random.

"I'm sorry for being mean to Jack.
I'm sorry for Jack again.
And please forgive me for shutting the door on Jack." Apparently Jack gets the brunt of her transgressions.
"I'm sorry for pushing Gracie down on the swing.
I'm sorry for being mean to Myleigh on the swing."
Me: "Arden, you already asked for forgiveness for that one last week.  Jesus remembers and forgives you.  You don't have to keep asking for forgiveness." Arden, " No, I didn't say that one." (I guess it happened again.) 
"And please forgive me for not staying in my bed...and for touching the bottom of the pool." (she was standing in the pool rather than treading water during her swim lesson. She really didn't get in trouble for it, but I guess she felt guilty.) 

Amen.

1 comment :

  1. Ok you are so good at blogging. It is inspiring. I love this documentation of Arden's prayer!!!

    ReplyDelete