Total Pageviews

Monday, December 16, 2013

Advent Wreath

For Christmas this year we have an advent wreath with 26 days.  There's one day for each letter of the alphabet.  I'm proud to say that I came up with the ABC idea on my own! 

Each number is attached with a clothespin.  The girls are pulling one number every day starting November 30th.

the back of the wreath.
Each day corresponds with a letter.  So, for example, Day 26 corresponds with A and Day 1 corresponds with Z.  For each day the girls 1) learn a Bible verse, 2)do an activity, and 3)learn a bible story that starts with the letter chosen for the day.  When they pull the number for the day they turn it over and place it on this black board.

This is a close-up of some of the days.  Ex.  D- we watched a video about Daniel in the lion's den.  We learned that bible verse that starts with D and we Donated food.
Sometimes we are so busy that we get behind and have to play catch-up.  We might do two or three at a time.  I know myself so I knew that would probably be the case and we'd get behind.  That's why some days are very basic like "Enjoy hot cocoa" and some days involve a little more like "Christmas cards to the military."

The girls are enjoying this!  They are doing well with memorizing the bible verses (so am I!)  Arden is doing the best out of all of us at the memorization.  Halle, my crafty one, loves the activities and Arden loves learning the stories.  I usually find a kid video on YouTube to teach the story.  For the biblical concepts that don't necessarily have a story (ex: Heaven, Bible) we just talk about  them.


No comments :

Post a Comment