Total Pageviews

Monday, December 9, 2013

Date Nights

If you have small kids then you know how hard it is to make alone time for you and your spouse.  Not only finding time, but finding a sitter.  Especially when you have multiple kids.  Because honestly, who wants to babysit a load of kiddos for the evening?  Thankfully we have family that graciously watched our kids so Brian and I had a few dates!

Ruby and my mom watched the kids one Saturday afternoon while Brian and I headed to the SHSU/SFA football game. Battle of the Piney Woods is what it's called.  This game is held at Reliant Stadium every year and is a big deal.  We had a really nice time even though we lost BAD!

Another night we went to the Toyota Center for a basketball game.  I love to go to Rockets games because they are very entertaining to me.  We hadn't been in a few years, so Brian bought tickets for us to go on Black Friday.  We went with friends, Chris and Janelle.  Mike and Christy kept the girls for the long Thanksgiving weekend so we were only down to one kid. (That feels really weird by the way.  Only having one kid when you're used to three....I kept feeling like I was forgetting something.)  Sarah and Adam watched Jack that night.  We had dinner before the game, and then hung out on our side of town afterward.  

I'm adding this picture of the Rockets Power Dancers.  They are wearing MC Hammer pants!  Nooooo!  Please tell me they're not coming back in style!
We also had a fancy night out for Chris and Janelle's wedding.  My next door neighbor and great friend, Jessica, watched the kids while we enjoyed ourselves to a lovely evening.  (oh, and Sarah and Adam watched the kids while we were at the rehearsal dinner)

It was a beautiful wedding!
Aren't we cute :)
Thanks to our family and friend for giving the hubster and I some time together!  Mucho Gracias!

2 comments :

  1. Good job Wifey! Not sure about my new nickname though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok how about The Hubmeister? Or Hubby Hubs McGee?

      Delete