Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

PB and J

As in peanut butter and Jack.

Some battles are not worth fighting.  I had just gotten back from the grocery store and the girls were helping me bring in groceries.  Jack always wants to help, too, since he sees us doing it.  Therefore, I will give him something small to take in like a box of crackers or a package of lunch meat.  He walks with purpose back and forth from the car to the kitchen, doing his part to help.  He gets in the way, though, because he toddles right in front of me as I'm trying to get through the door with 50+ bags on one arm.  Not really, but that's what I try to do.  (Does anyone else try to go for personal records on how many grocery bags they can carry at one time?)

This last time I gave him peanut butter jars to carry in.  This is how it went, I guess.  He walks to the pantry with the peanut butter jars because he knows that's where they go.  He attempts to put them on the shelf, but gets distracted with the other jar already sitting there.  He now has three peanut butter jars.  He plops himself down right in front of the pantry.  Meanwhile the girls and I are still bringing in groceries.  He opens the peanut butter and starts going to town.  He's in peanut butter heaven!

  I assess the situation.  My kid is covering himself in peanut butter and eating on the kitchen floor.  But......There Jack is, relatively out of the way, quiet, and eating lunch!  I mean, I was going to have to feed him anyway.  He is no longer on obstacle to hurdle trying to get in the door.  I just have to step over him every now and again to put something in the pantry.  Win/win situation in my book.  The peanut butter jar was almost empty anyway so he's finishing up to make room on the shelf for more groceries.  And I got to put up the groceries with ease.:)

  

No comments :

Post a Comment