Total Pageviews

Monday, February 24, 2014

Valentine's Week

The girls had two parties:

The Wednesday before Valentine's Day the girls had a small party with their Ice Skating club.  The girls skate every Wednesday from 10-1ish.  The loooooove the ice skating lessons.  There are about twenty other kids that skate that day, too, so they had snacks and exchanged Valentines.
These are my kids' Valentine boxes.  Arden and I made this owl, Halle made her own dolphin box, and I made the Mater box for Jack.  Halle thought it was funny that her dolphin looked whale-ish.  She got several compliments on her whale. :)
Myleigh and Arden.  They are both sporting their Flipeez hats.
Jack just hanging out trying to sneak Valentine cookies every chance he gets.  He threw several fits when I cut him off at 10 cookies.
Crystal tried to take him for a while to distract him from the cookies
Friday's party.  I had some of my mops ladies over at my house for a small valentine exchange party between the kids.  The kids decorated heart sugar cookies, I served a few snacks, and the kids played outside.   Cracked me up that the two and unders all took bites out of their cookies as soon as they got them.  The kids frosted the cookies, poured sprinkles on them.  One kid ended up with a whole bottle of sprinkles on hers.  Jack was content with just licking the frosting off of the spoon.  


a great picture of the kids and Rudi.  It was a happy accident.  Jack jumped in at the last second.





 That night Brian and I went to eat at Peli Peli and then went to a pottery class.  The class was a lot of fun!  It was a Valentine class just for couples.  There were four other couples there and we had a great time as a group.  The instructor made the husband and wife work together.  One person had to control the foot pedal and the other one worked the clay.  Then we switched roles.  Hahaha!  It was almost like a couples therapy session with the bickering between spouses and having to do team work.  It was fun!  My plate came out better than Brian's because I followed instructions. Both of our plates turned out great!

our sexy blue-jean aprons

our plates pre-baking.  We have to pick them up two weeks later.
For V-day I just gave the kids all a package of Valentine pop rocks candy.  Good thing about Paleo:  one small sweet thing to them is like a piece of Heaven.  Doesn't take much!  Jack freaked when the pop rocks starting fizzing in his mouth.  Arden took advantage of the situation and ended up with two packages for herself.  

:)

No comments :

Post a Comment