Total Pageviews

Monday, February 3, 2014

Granny's Funeral


Granny's funeral was on Tuesday, January 28th.  It was freezing cold outside and the weather was predicted to be ice/rain/snow/sleet.  Thank God the weather didn't turn out as bad as forecasted, because many family members drove from out of town for the funeral.   It was still very cold and raining, but manageable.

It was hard to say goodbye to my loving grandmother, but the funeral brought together some family members and friends that I haven't seen in a long time.  I was glad to see many of them and visit.  I was also thankful for the support that Pauline, Ruby, Mike, Christy, and Sarah gave as they also attended the funeral.

Brian stood up and spoke at the funeral. He did an excellent job and I am thankful for him for doing that.  Halle sang Amazing Grace at the service and I know her Granny would have been so proud of her.  Arden was a good girl and stayed quiet and sat with Papa Mike and Gigi during the service.  She's at an age right now (almost 5) where she sort of understands death, but has many many questions about it.  
 
And Jack ate.  My brother, Raul, sent pan dulce (mexican sweet bread) with us to be served with coffee that morning.  Jack was getting noisy in the service so Sarah took him into the side room and kept kept his mouth full of sweet bread so he would stay quiet!  He is a bottomless pit, so that worked fine.

The burial was in Conroe and she was laid next to my grandfather and her husband , Bobby Reickenbacker.

We had reservations at a local mexican restaurant so we could visit after the funeral.  We had a nice time visiting and took the opportunity to take some family pictures.
Jimmy's and my family

Justin, Brittany, and Dad

Ryan, Shawn, Aunt Barbara, Rhonda

Dad and his kids:  Jimmy, Daddy, me, Richard

Jiimmy and Pauline

 

1 comment :

  1. So glad you have lots of family around for Granny's funeral. (WOW Justin and Brittany are NOT little kids anymore! I always forget how old we are until I see your nieces and nephews grown up!)

    ReplyDelete